Lo and Behold

... the diary of one Chicago guy pointing his car South and traveling to New Orleans to work, gut homes and not mess up the recovery efforts in New Orleans USA April 2006 ...

Name:
Location: shivering

Please check out mark-guarino.com or wordpreserve.com.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Two more days ...

... Until the Delta drive South. I bought work gloves and latex gloves, both, today. Don't want the toxic sludge to pour into the pores. Much remains. I still have to tell people I started this blog. Up to now, including now, I've been writing these entries for myself and just trying it out. My hope is to provide some kind of journalism for what I experience and build a story, one that unfolds on its own. Who knows how it will end. Maybe it already ended and I just need to find out what it looks like ending. Sometimes you need to walk through these things and take a look around before someone calls it history, closes the book and puts it on a shelf where it'll be dusted but never pulled back down.

Charles sent a map of his home's innards from the highlands of New Jersey where he is now. I stayed in his excellent and eccentric N.O. home many times over many years but never had to turn on the water, the gas, the electricity from scratch. His basement is where his dog died, floating in muck. He had to bury that dog in the backyard. It's a whole new world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home